Monday, June 20, 2011

General Synod Day #3

General Synod-Saturday-June 18

This morning begin with the Synod of the Heartland (that is the Synod Central Iowa Classis -Sully) breakfast at 6:45a.m. The purpose was of the meeting was to share information on new church plants and the progress of revitalization of churches in our Regional Synod.

We then dismissed to our First General Synod session of the morning at 8:00 p.m.  Our morning session concluded in aproving Tom DeVries as our new General Secretary of the RCA. Personal Note: I believe he is a good fit for the position. He brings a church planters experience with a pastoral heart.

The morning concluded with Commission and Advisory meetings that extended into the afternoon session.

My personal Observations on this Synod:

As I have written in previous reports, the RCA is becoming increasing diverse in racial representation , especially in Asian and Hispanic church starts.

I will be attending Commom Grounds Community church on Sunday morning as delegates are given the opportunity to worship at various local churches. It is a church that ministers to those who do not have any past experience with the Christian faith.

Life in the dorm in Pastor Wayne's world
- it is hot
- my legs muscles are getting stronger since my room is on the 3rd floor of my dorm and my dorm is the farthest from our meetings. They must have known I needed the exercise! W

-The much looked forward towel exchange occurred today!! I have a new towel!! My room mate appreciates that! His looked like mine. They are all white!!!

Have a great day at worship tomorrow!

Until the next "Blog"

Blessings!

Pastor Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment