Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Final Day at Synod

This is my last blog before we dismiss and go home. I am doing this while the floor proceding are concluding.

News this morning

-we elected Tom Smith, a pastor from Rock Valley Iowa as our vice-president. He will become president.
Note- I bought my first car from him in seminary. Looks like I have connections!! Ha! Tom is a good friend and very solid. He is a good fit.

-Odds and ends

-we recognized 40 pastors who retired
-we recognized 28 ministers and 3 missionaries who passed away this year

-the average congregation in the RCA has 83 worshippers
-we passed the budget for 2012
-John Terpstra was approved to serve on the Judical Business Commission replacing my 6 year term. He represents the Synod of the Heartland. The Synod made the approval. It's good to have representation from our church in the Synod. Our prayers go with you John.

Signing off from Synod.

It is has been fun and I hope you have enjoyed my blog!

See you Sunday. Remember it is Communion!

Blessings!

Pastor Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment